Saturday, April 27, 2013

It begins...

This blog is going to be a trading journal of sorts, focused heavily on commodities trading, general market news and overall sentiment. I've been trading commodity spreads for a year now and have a solid fundamental understanding and trading approach.

Prior to spread trading I was a short term "scalper" focused purely on the order flow. I traded predominately German Bunds and the Eurostoxx. I learnt on the Aussie SPI with some US Notes and Bonds mixed in there also.

Now all my attention is focused on what is essentially swing trading commodity spreads, based heavily on seasonal factors. I like to incorporate both a fundamental and technical approach to my trades and can hold positions anywhere from a few days to a few months. I'll generally have on between one and four positions at any given time, all of varying size.

For me I believe swing trading future spreads is what suits my personality, risk tolerance and skill set the best.

Currently I only take future spread positions, but going forward I'll also be incorporating option strategies based on fundamental ideas.

With this blog I'll be continuing to update my watchlist of trades, follow market news, as well as continually update my current positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment