Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Watchlist

Copper

There are two reasonable looking Copper spreads that I've been tracking.

Copper has a certain link to the economy and construction and I wouldn't be willing to enter either of the spreads ahead of Friday's jobs number.

We also have a historically large net short position in Copper. This could potentially lead to a short covering rally. Something to consider.


 Corn

This is our old corn spread which is still looking reasonably decent. Volatilty was huge around the grain stocks and acerage on Friday and there have been some big moves since.

The reports were bearish for corn however I would probably like a better price.

It does look ok on the charts however I'm not sure I want to take on the added risk.

Just watching for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment